This domain represents the underground fear-inducing darkness of graves and catacombs.
It's the domain of Arawn, the god of the dead.
Not even Morrígan the goddess of the night grants it.
Darkness is opposed by the domain Sun.
You gain Darkvision with 60 feet range.
You gain the ability to evoke the Darkness of the Tomb around you,
usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
This granted power is a supernatural ability and has the following two effects when used:
Your divine focus sheds darkness in a 60-feet radius.
All creatures (and objects) in the area gain concealment (20% miss chance).
Even creatures that can normally see in such conditions (such as with darkvision or low-light vision)
have the miss chance in this area, including yourself.
Normal lights (torches, candles, lanterns, and so forth) are incapable of brightening the area,
as are light spells of third or lower level, which are dispelled by the Darkness of the Tomb.
Higher level light spells are not affected by this power.
If your holy symbol is placed inside or under a lightproof covering,
the power's effects are blocked until the covering is removed.
Your enemies in the 60-feet radius have to roll a Will saving throw
against DC 10 + 1/2 half your relevant level + your Charisma modifier to avoid being shaken
(-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks),
unless they are immune to mind-affecting or fear effects.
An affected creature remains shaken until it leaves the area or the effect ends.
The duration of this power is 10 minutes, but both effects are temporarily negated,
if your divine focus is brought into an area of magical light that affects the Darkness of the Tomb
(or vice versa), so that the otherwise prevailing light conditions exist in the overlapping areas of effect.
- Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30 ft. are.
- Darkness: 20-ft. radius of supernatural shadow.
- Darkvision: See 60 ft. in total darkness.
- Deeper Darkness: Object sheds supernatural shadow in 60-ft. radius.
- Fear: Subjects within cone flee for 1 round/level.
- Nightmare: Sends vision dealing 1d10 damage, fatigue.
- Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location.
- Shadow Walk: Step into shadow to travel rapidly.
- Power Word Blind: Blinds creature with 200 hp or less.
- Soul BindF: Traps newly dead soul to prevent Resurrection.